Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Picky Stuff

For some reason, I have little items that I buy that I really either pay attention to the price of, or skimp on as much as I can.  These are typically the kind of lame items that you need but don't want, and are not very fun to buy.  One of the first things I thought about when I realized that I would be living alone for the first time in four years and could really let my crazy run free was all those little things that I hate to pay for that I can potentially skimp even more on.

Items I hate to buy:
Toilet Paper--
I'm guessing no one really likes to buy this, but for some reason, I hate it the most.  When I was in college, living in the dorm, I used to sneak a wrapped roll of tp out of the bathroom every day and secret it away in a cupboard.  By the end of the year, I had more than a year's worth of toilet paper stashed away, which I brought to my new apartment.  Yeah, it was 1-ply and poor quality, but who cares, it was free.  BF hates that I buy the cheapest toilet paper (it's actually the 2nd cheapest, but he insists that that doesn't make it good), but now it's my house, my tp!  I also sneak the ends of rolls from work and feel no (little) shame at this.

Pan Spray--
I love pan spray.  Who doesn't want to be able to put something in a pan and not have it stick without using a ton of oil? But I hate to buy it. Whenever I run out, I think that maybe I don't need it, but then I miss it within days and often make a special trip to the store.  I do buy the store brand, which costs less, but I always get really cranky when I have to buy this.

Items I have a price threshold on:
Canned Tuna--
I will not pay more than $1 for a can of solid white tuna.  I'm not picky about brands, but it has to be the solid white kind.  Unfortunately, it doesn't go on sale that often, but when it does, you can bet I'm there like a crazy person stocking up.

English Muffins--
Every now and then, English Muffins will go on sale at my grocery store Buy One Get Two Free.  Because I know that this sale happens semi-regularly, it seems appalling to me to pay regular price or even half price.  Thankfully, I have the deep freeze, so I can really stock up.

Canned Tomatoes--
These have to be on sale 10 for $10 before I would buy them.  Also, I often hesitate if I don't also have a coupon.

Yogurt--
I buy a lot of yogurt, so it pains me to pick it up for regular price.  Usually though I have a coupon, or if nothing else, the store brand is decent and cheaper, so I go for that.


Anybody else have certain items that you're a little crazy about?

No comments:

Post a Comment