Sunday, June 23, 2013

Blogathon Link Love x2

--Since I'm back on the Food Waste Friday bandwagon--not that I was ever off the food waste avoiding bandwagon, but you know what I mean... I love this post from Minting Nickels: 8 Ways to Minimize Your Food Waste and Save Hundreds.

--I don't know what's come over me, but I suddenly strongly feel the urge to try Leah Ingram's home-made laundry detergent. I had planned to do this forever ago, and then it slipped my mind, now I can't shake the idea out of my head.  Only problem is that I just bought a new bottle of detergent, but in a year or so when that's gone...  I think maybe this is why I didn't end up doing it last time I had this notion.

--What's in a name? I've got a weird last name that sounds German but isn't, and apparently Brooke from Brooke vs. The World has a German last name that people think is Dutch.  It's always a funny feeling when people assume your family's country of origin and get it wrong.  Kind of like that time a friend of mine started dating the guy she eventually married and he flat out asked her: "What are you?" he thought she might be Mexican, she isn't (she's kind of tan).  I'm still not sure why it mattered.

--Michelle at Making Sense of Cents has a great guest post about something that all us frugal folk struggle with--staying motivated.

--My brother insisted that I listen to the song Royal by Lorde the other day, and I seriously cannot stop listening to it.  This chick is only 16!


That's all for this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment