Saturday, June 15, 2013

From Another Point of View

I run by this nearly every day--I love it
*The following post has little-to-nothing to do with frugality or saving money, sorry!

I mentioned before that I moved a mere five blocks away from where I used to live, so I'm continually surprised at all these new little pockets of neighborhood that I've never encountered before.  Even walking to work the other day, I met up with a section of road where I frequently go running, and I realized how different it looked just because I was on the other side of the road. 

You know how when you go on vacation, you can't help but rubberneck at all the different sights?  Well, I feel like that even though I've lived here for six years now.  It's kind of cool.  I do try to slow down sometimes and appreciate where I live, which is a big part of the reason I love being able to walk to work, but also sometimes I just forget.

One other magical thing about my neighborhood is the abundance of historical buildings.  They're everywhere, just hanging out, having plaques on them reminding you how historical they are.  Well, among those historical buildings, and in a lot of them, are college students.  These may be Ivy League college students, but they still behave in much the same way i.e. by getting down on the weekend.  I've discovered piles of puke on the sidewalk in front of the lovely museum pictured above, and the other day when I was walking to work I discovered a pair of men's jockeys--red.  They were just lying on the sidewalk in front of this building:

I don't know why it cracks me up so much when debauchery happens in front of historic buildings, but it just does.

In case you're wondering, the underwear was gone this morning when I biked to work.

2 comments:

  1. Not connected to this post, but I thought you might find this of interest/depressing: http://www.upworthy.com/the-knowledge-i-gained-in-school-doesnt-even-compare-to-what-i-lost-2?c=ufb1

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does red underwear just...disappear? I mean..who picked it up?!

    ReplyDelete