Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The End!

It is the last day of the blogathon and I have nothing to say--isn't that just the way it goes?  I just got back from a rather frugal trip to Cape Cod, which I will fill you all in on later, and I'm currently basking in the frugal breeze created by a window fan drinking frugal home-made coffee.

Le sigh.

So instead of scratching my head and trying to come up with just one more thing, I decided to make a wordle of all of the titles I used the past month:

I've got a bigger version of this saved on my facebook page
There it is--one whole month of blogging condensed into a pretty word picture.

Of course, since it is the last day of the month, we should look back on my May goals and see how I did.  To be perfectly honest, I usually write out my monthly goals and forget about them, so let's see if I succeeded despite that.

Goal 1 was to do more writing--freelance and overall.  I've certainly done more blogging, as evidenced by the blogathon, but alas, I did no freelance writing.  The system at the company I work for is such that you login and pick from a huge list of titles.  Lately, there hasn't been much that I could write about in that list.  I did login and look, but I probably wasn't as tenacious as I could have been.

Goal 2 was to stay on budget.  Except for clothes (again) and gas (not my fault) I've done well this month.  My income has dipped slightly, so I need to remain vigilant!

Goal 3 was to shift my focus to my new retirement account.  I've done pretty well in that regard.  I've saved nearly $300 so far, and I adjusted my direct deposit to automatically put 15% in that account.  I'm nowhere near reaching the $5000/year max out, but I really don't have a spare $5000 lying around, so I'm just going to do my best. Slow and steady...

How did everyone else do on their goals for the month of May?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the Blogathon. We all learnt a few things.
    Are you going to be there next year too? Let's be in touch whether we are in or not.

    Cheers!
    Nisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to do it next year. As daunting as the idea of 31 posts in 31 days was, it gave me the kick in the ass I needed, and was unexpectedly fun, plus I've connected with so many more people. Let's definitely stay in touch!

    Blogathon!!!

    ReplyDelete