Friday, August 5, 2011

I Bought the Shoes

Maybe not quite all of them
... I bought all of the shoes

A co-worker at job #1 had a baby in June and my boss was freaking out about her missing work and us being understaffed.  She (boss) asked me if I'd be interested in picking up some extra hours over the summer, and I, being the greedy girl that I am, agreed.  When I agreed, I was doing it mostly to just be agreeable, but admittedly, I was also seeing dollar signs. 

What I failed to realize at the time was that I was already picking up extra hours at job #3 (which rarely gets mentioned here, but does exist), working about the same number of hours at job #2, and I had been looking forward to having a bit of downtime.  Since I've been working so much, I've started to get a bit petulant, and also bored and entitled.  So I've been online shopping to give myself a feeling of control over my circumstances, which really makes no sense when you think about it.  I've squandered the extra money I've earned on things that I don't particularly want, and I've been making daily trips to the UPS Store to return many of the things purchased (thankfully, that's on my way to work).

I'm presently waiting for all of my returns to post back on my credit card, so I can know how much I've actually spent, which is torture to my budgeting sensibilities, but I brought it on myself.

It's funny, because in the past when I was working 50-hour weeks, I never bought anything--not even food sometimes--because  I didn't have time to get to the store.  Now all I have to do is press a button and grab a box that the nice man brings right to my backdoor.  This convenience will destroy me!

As always, the frenzy is passing, and I'm getting back on track--now with a new pair of shoes, and an overpriced red cardigan (but it's really cute and unique!).  Again, I have to remind myself that I can't be too extreme with my budgeting or I snap!  Moderation is key.

Moderation is key.

3 comments:

  1. Cute shoes and very cute cardigan. I agree though, overpriced cardigan. Then again, cherry red isn't the easiest color to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is so hard to find a red cardigan? I can go to any store in the mall and find black or sand-colored, but there are never any find colors out there! I was looking at Gap.com yesterday, and was getting sleepy from all the boring, muted colors.

    Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I am Kenneth parkar and I am a member of some financial communities. I just visited your site (http://findmefrugal.blogspot.com) and trust me you are doing a good job for your site. I read some of the articles of your site and I really found them worth reading. The quality of your content is excellent. It will help you to earn extra value from search engines.

    After seeing this, I would like to do something for your site and that is for FREE!!. I love to write financial articles and I would like to contribute something for your site if you'll give me the permission. I can give you an original guest post and I assure you that it will be published only in your site.

    Please let me know your thoughts. Waiting for your positive reply. Reach me at:

    kenneth.parkar83@gmail.com

    Thanks and Regards

    Kenneth parkar



    [Note: I have some financial sites with Good PR, I can also give you back link from there]

    ReplyDelete