- I had four no-spend days this week. I don't really get too hung up on how many no-spend days I can get in a week, because sometimes you just need to buy things. This week, I didn't need to buy much. We're stocked up on groceries, and the only socializing I did this week was to go to friends' house and eat their food and drink their booze, so free to me!
- Brought in cans for redemption. Massachusetts allows you to bring your cans back to a redemption center and get $.05 apiece. We usually stock up cans and make trip every once in a while (not often enough). On Friday, I filled up my car, and bought those things in, then I bought some gin and other liquor cabinet staples for a lot less.
- I haven't bought any clothes this month. I made a payment on my Old Navy card, so mint.com is showing that I spent $50 on clothes, but I actually have not made any clothing purchases in the month of May. For those who have been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that this is HUGE. I set budget of $200 for clothes each month, and I always go over it. I don' think I've ever not gone over it in the history of my budgeting. Maybe it's the change of seasons and rediscovering clothes I haven't worn in a while, maybe it's creating that emergency fund that I'm not supposed to touch which forced me to realize how pathetic my savings balance is; maybe it's that saving for my upcoming vacation(s) is more fun that clothes shopping--who knows. Either way, I'm pretty stoked.
- Biking! The weather has calmed back down and is perfect for biking! Thursdays, I usually have to drive to work because I have a 20 minute commute to job #2, but this Thursday, the weather was so nice, that I just had to bike even if it made me a scootch late. It has been 75 degrees, sunny and clear and I love it!
- Presentation! This really has very little to do with personal finance, but I'm presenting a poster at a conference at the end of the month. I was putting it off and putting it off, but then I just ripped the band-aid off and got it done. Now, I keep panicking thinking that I still need to do it, but then calm down when I remember that it's finished. How the hell did I make it through ten years of college and grad school?!?! I feel like a total spaz about this.
How was your week?