Monday, May 21, 2012

Blogathon Haiku

It's that time again!  You've been waiting all year for more personal finance haiku (I imagine).  First, a refresher on the rules of haiku--17 syllables, usually three lines of five syllables, then seven, then five.

I love to ride my bicycle
Uphill to work
Then all downhill to my home


My landlord planted grass
Now we have a small yard
I will dine al fresco


Two men play chess
On a table in front of my library
Love it

The good life is cheap
Just don't get caught up
You have everything you need

Anyone else want to make an attempt?


4 comments:

  1. Not one, but four haikus! Go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they're pretty short ;) That makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love the last one. It really speaks to my goals for the year. It's pretty incredible how much 'needing' crap eats up. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive! I'll have to give it some thought...I don't think I've written a haiku since the 1980s!

    ReplyDelete