Sunday, May 27, 2012

Money Smart Week 4

Week four of May has come and gone, which means it's almost June (duh), and almost time to start my farm share!  Bring it on, bok choy--I'm not scared of you!
I really am scared, but it's a good kind of scared
Things I did the week that were Money Smart:
  • Free Mexican food.  I was invited to a yelp elite event at a place called Lola's Cantina.  This is a restaurant space that has gone through three name changes in the five years I've been in Providence, so we'll see if the Mexican theme sticks.  Either way, free food for me and my plus one!
  • Free Theatre!  Honestly, sometime I feel like a barnacle on the ass of theatre because I'm always getting free tickets.  Except then I remember that I do pay roughly half the time that I go, and then I just feel smart.  A friend of mine is in an upcoming production of A Few Good Men, and she mentioned on facebook that she had two comp tickets.  Well, I nabbed those right away, and when I asked my sassy redhead friend, Amy, to go with me, she responded in the most delightful manner:
On this invitation to the theater: 
Amy: You want answers?
Andria: I think I'm entitled to them.
Amy: You want answers?
Andria: I want the truth!
Amy: You can't handle the truth!  I have no intention of fretting about the wedding! And you're goddamn right, I ordered the code red!! 
I will attend!
Amy is much prettier than this
  • Bought more veggie burgers on sale and with a coupon.  I'm set, if not for life, for the rest of the year.
  • Bought another yoga package.  I got an email that the place where I do Bikram yoga is raising their prices (jerks).  However, you can buy a package of 20 classes at the current rate, and they never expire. I had already bought 20 classes, of which I've used about five, so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy another 20 before the price goes up.  Maybe, by the time I use those up, I'll be flush with cash (ha!).  So, I kind of saved $50--at least the future me did.

2 comments:

  1. I use Bok Choy in stir frys, which is my current meal of choice! ;) You'll have yoga to last for quite a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carla! I do like a stir fry :)

    ReplyDelete