Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Frugal Limericks v.1

In honor of upcoming St. Patricks Day, I will be posting a series of limericks dealing with frugality and money.  If you want to contribute one,post a comment or send me an email findmefrugal@gmail.com.

It's fun, promise!

When I was in 4th grade, one of our English class assignments was to write a Limerick, and it changed my life!  I realize that sounds dramatic, but I thought it was great fun, and also that I was hugely talented.  For those who may not have had the same experience, here's how to write a limerick:

  • It's a five line poem.
  • Establish the rhythm.
  • Lines 1, 2, & 5 share rhythm and rhyme patterns.
  • Lines 3 & 4 share rhythm and rhyme patterns.
  • Think of limerick structure like a joke. 


  • The frugal life is the life for me
    Sensible shopping suits me to a T
    I pinch every penny
    Sometimes there aren't many
    But I make it all work with creativity

    No comments:

    Post a Comment