Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Lovely Week

It's not really cold enough here for things to look like this...yet
Since last week was hectic and stressful, I have decided to take this week off a treat myself to a lovely week.  I'm still going to work (can't get out of that), but instead of getting all stressy about things, I'm going to just check things off of my to-do list and indulge a bit here and there.  It's the perfect fall weather here where it's crisp and cool and it just makes me want to put on fabulous clothes and get things done.

The Agenda:

Monday:  Worked 5-10pm.  Before going to work, instead of getting all petulant about the fact that I have to go to work, I made home made falafel and tzatziki sauce and read a lovely book (more on that later).  I had planned to run some errands, but turns out, I didn't feel like it.

Tuesday: Work 6-10pm.  In about fifteen minutes, I'm going to go for a nice run--probably 5-6 miles, but if at four miles I feel like stopping, I'll turn back around.  After that, I'm going to eat something delicious, and then go run errands.  Later this afternoon, if it's not raining, I'll walk to the post office near the shoe store and mail a package.  Then I'll go to the shoe store (that I have a groupon for!) and browse. Finally, on my way home, I'm going to stop at Starbucks and use my free birthday drink coupon to treat myself to a Pumpkin Spice latte.

Wednesday: Work 11am-7pm.  Going for a run in the morning, then to work, possibly to Old Navy before work to return something, but I may want to linger over brunch instead.  After work, meeting two fab gals to celebrate a friend's new job.  I will be having a martini and a chopped salad!

Thursday: Work 1-5.  Maybe go for a run in the morning, but I might not feel like it.  Leisure: TBD--I can't be too structured.  May make Cuban black beans.  Probably will try on more outfits in the hopes of creating more remixes. May go shopping for foundation garments.

Friday: Work 9-5.  Clean office?  Squeeze cat?  Watch classic whodunit film And Then There Were None.?  The sky is the limit!

Saturday: Day off!  Long run in the morning then off to the Ecotarium (for which I also have a groupon).  Possibly home-made pizza for dinner, possibly last chance of the season to sit on the deck at my favorite bar and look at the water, possibly martini with a stylish friend, possibly just sitting in my reading chair devouring the VC Andrews classics I have on deck: Flowers in the Attic and Petals on the Wind (read them in HS, but I should probably take another look...)

Sunday: Work 4-10.  Leisure TBD.

So there you have it--one lovely week.  I'm pretty pumped, and I'll be checking a lot of things off of my to-do list while relaxing and drinking fancy coffee.  Not to mention, spending very little money this week, but I still forsee plenty of satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lovely week to me! Mmmmm....Starbucks pumpkin spice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect week! Great idea to plan it in advance! I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete