Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuna Wraps

This is not an exotic recipe by any stretch, but it's something I have for lunch most days of the week, and I haven't gotten tired of it yet. Plus, it's a good mix of protein, fiber and greens, it's cheap, and I came up with it all on my own!

Ingredients:
  • Whole wheat or other "exotic" tortilla i.e. spinach, sun-dried tomato, etc. I've tried with regular flour tortillas, and it's fine, but less good
  • Can of solid albacore tuna
  • Hummus--any variety will do
  • Some kind of greens--usually I used pea greens, but salad mix, spinach, anything works
  • Salt, pepper, olive oil
  • Balsamic vinegar

  1. Mist the tortilla slightly with water and warm in microwave for 20-30 seconds. Usually, the tortillas I buy end up going moldy before I can use them all, so I store them in the freezer. If you take one out, give it a quick rinse under the tap, and then microwave for 30 seconds, that both warms and steams it perfectly so it rolls exactly right
  2. Smear a generous portion if hummus in the center of the tortilla creating a thick line.
  3. Open can of tuna into a reuseable container and add salt, pepper and olive oil to taste. Mix, and add desired amount of tuna to tortilla right on top of the hummus.
  4. Add a handful of greens
  5. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar--I've used tzatziki sauce in the past as well, to be a bit more decadent
  6. Roll like a burrito and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment