Monday, October 21, 2013

Eat All The Food: Week Four

Monday:
Monday was Columbus Day, but since I work at an academic library, we were open and I agreed to work 2-10pm (brownie points for the new girl!).  For lunch I had a veggie burger (down to just four boxes now--16 patties), and sweet potato fries that I forgot I had.  They were at the bottom of the freezer, but were surprisingly not freezer burned.  And they were delicious.  Dinner was sandwich and yogurt.

Tuesday:
I'm a little proud of Tuesday's dinner.  I had a pack of Trader Joes lentils in the fridge that had been there for a very long time, and I was determined to eat them.  I took a piece of the lavosh I bought last week, cut it in half, warmed up the lentils and made a lentil lavosh burrito with the blue cheese crumbles and a fried egg on top.  It was freaking delicious and loaded with protein.  Plus, the lentils weren't even expired yet!  They must have a long use-by date.

Wednesday:
Late night at work so I had a veggie burger for lunch and the last of the sweet potato fries.

Thursday:
Oven roasted tomatoes with pasta T'was delicious!  You know how sometimes tomatoes just aren't good?  Well, oven roasting them (like with any vegetable) makes them awesome.  I had a couple boxes of pasta chilling out in my cupboard from forever ago, so I added the tomatoes to that with some parmesan.

Friday:
Out to dinner for more fish and chips.  I just can't help it.

Saturday:
Tuna melt for lunch and toad in a hole with baked beans for dinner.

Sunday:
Out for brunch, and another toad in a hole for dinner.  Crockpotted a soup to bring to work for the week.



Purchases:
I made a slightly larger grocery trip this week.  Yogurt was on sale, so I stocked up (I eat it every day at work).  I also got salad. cucumber, tomatoes, butternut squash, eggs, half and half and some ramen noodles.  I realize that ramen noodles are not fresh produce, but I can add some of the frozen veg to them!  I also want to have a couple convenience foods around because I'm trying to increase my exercise.  If I work out and then go to yoga, I'm going to come home starving--it's just nice to have a carby backup.  Plus, not really breaking the bank buying ramen.

Used up: Sweet Potato fries, lentils, blue cheese crumbles, 1 can baked beans, 1 can (of 3) of tomatoes.

2 comments:

  1. There is always at least one thing that you cook that makes me hate the fact that the closest Trader Joe's is 2.5 hours away. That burrito sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! you could always cook your own lentils and make a lentil burrito in a tortilla or something. I intend to try that next :) Don't give up hope!

      Delete