Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Feel Gross Even Admitting This

...but thanks to Michelle P over at Making Sense of Cents (I always want to call her blog Making Cents of Sense--I think it's because I secretly want people to pay me for practical advice), I have joined the *gulp* Newlyweds on a Budget 10 pound challenge.  Lest you freak out, gentle reader, I am NOT a newlywed.  I haven't gone and gotten hitched and kept it a secret from everyone.  What I am, is a gal who has been eating too much of late, and who knows that if I lose five pounds, I can shave two minutes off my 1/2 marathon time--FACT!

I had already decided, and secretly blogged that I want to lose 10 pounds before April, so now that this contest came along and I might actually make money for doing something I want to do anyway, well that's just a no-brainer.

So there it is--I'm on a diet ew ew ew ew ew.  No, I will not call it a diet, thankyouverymuch.  Instead, I shall say that I am trying to lose weight.  Now in addition to financial whatnot, I may occasionally mention health stuff, but only non-obnoxious health stuff.  Anyone else want to join the challenge?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me.

    I'm excited for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me! I could definitely benefit from losing 10 lbs before April. I'm really hoping I can try to lose 1.5lbs a week. That sounds simple enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign up, Serendipity! It will be more fun it we all do it together!

    ReplyDelete