Sunday, November 27, 2011

Free Art! Link Love

Oh Canada!  What will they think of next?  Canada is phasing out paper money in favor of a polymer that is harder to counterfeit, more durable, recyclable and has a groovy maple leaf window on it.  The instructional video shows it off in all its glory, and the guy doing the narration seems to have run out of things to say because by the end he's just saying "Look at it."
It's clear!

Something pretty amazing happened to me this week, which resulted in me getting free, one-of-a-kind art used in a major Hollywood film.  Intrigued?  I would be.  I blogged about it on my other blog, since, aside from free art, it has nothing to do with frugality.


People can be really, really stupid about their money.  Obviously, I'm a budgeting nerd and know exactly where every penny goes, but there are a lot of people who are the complete opposite of that. Andrea at So Over Debt, takes on a couple of them,


Do you tip a lot for the holidays?  I never really have because I don't have people that I get regular services from i.e. trainer, cleaning person, but I admit I don't really know the rules.  Michelle at Making Sense of Cents tackled the subject and got some good comments too.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say I "tip" a lot for holidays, but I do give a gift card our postman, send flowers to our veterinarian and dog boarding facility, and a gift card for our cat sitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Canada. I got a counterfit $1 bill as change the other day. It's a dollar, but still....
    I dob't. Because I, like you, don't have people to tip. My mailman only come 3 times a week so I don't feel any obligation haha

    ReplyDelete