Sunday, March 11, 2012

Olive Garden Link Love

Happy Sunday!  I've been behind on my blog reading this week because I've been feverishly following the saga of Marilyn Hagerty--see the bottom of the page.


From Myths of the Midwest--often, when we get comfortable in a job, we forget how hard it is to find one.  Some people have never had a hard time finding work in their lives; and some intelligent, capable folk flounder.  My grad school buddy Fargo Jones is floundering, and I wish I could give him a job.



Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily brought up something that I've never really thought about before: lying to other people about how much money you have.  Sure, plenty of people live beyond their means and act like they're richer than they actually are, but have you ever pretended to have less money so that people won't try to take advantage of you?  I've tried to hide more expensive purchases from my parents before, because I was in college, broke, and they would have (and did) lecture me about charging too much, but lying to your parents is pretty standard (in my case).


John Hamm hates the Kardashians even more than I do!  Swoon!



Have you heard about the Grand Forks, ND restaurant review of the Olive Garden that has gone viral?  This story is just blowing my mind.  Grand Forks is a smallish town about 90 minutes from where I grew up.  It's where we went when we wanted to go shopping or go to the doctor, cause we lived in a town of 1500 people.  Now Grand Forks has an Olive Garden, and Marilyn Hagerty, who has been working for the Grand Forks Herald newspaper for over 40 years, wrote a review of it.  The world has taken notice.  Here it is mentioned on boing boing, she was Hot Slut of the Day on Dlisted, and here she is being interviewed on CBS this morning: 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the thoughts. I truly do appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete