Monday, March 12, 2012

Cue the Hyper Organization

For the next two months I'm going to be filling in one day a week at my old job.  This is awesome because it gets me a little bit of extra cash, I really liked that job and I was sad to leave it, and this way I get to swan in like a guest star doing a short run on a popular sitcom (yeah, librarianship is just like being on tv).
Even though Heather Locklear was pretty much the star of Melrose Place
She was always billed as a special guest--which is what I am now.
Except I'm not a bitch.
This new shift is Thursday mornings, which means that now instead of working 1-9pm Thursdays, I'm working 8-12pm, then 1-9pm.  Plus, that 8am shift comes with a 20 minute commute.  It's all very doable, but in order to do it well, I need to be very organized.

Clothes--I need to make sure that I have my Thursday outfit ready to go Wednesday night.  Usually on Thursdays, I loll around in bed, then pick out something fabulous (in my head).  From now on, there's no time for that!  I need to have a work appropriate outfit laid out and ready to go.  Hopefully, the cat won't take a nap on whatever I pick out, but I'll have to be prepared for that as well.

That's why I have that lint roller

Food--There is no point working extra hours if I'm just going to blow all that money on food.  I'll need to pack a lunch and a dinner, which means I need to get back into the habit of making a largish meal on Sunday that will carry me through the week.  Also, I should probably pack my lunch Wednesday night--8am is awfully early.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting?

And my big plans for all this extra income:  SAVE.  



I haven't added anything to my savings account since December, and I've actually had to take out money to pay for that stupid car repair.  I hate dipping into savings!  I mean, I know that that's what it's for, but I just hate it.

Also, my goal for 2012 is to get my Roth IRA contributions to the maximum $5000.  I haven't even started my 2012 contributions yet because you can still add money to 2011 until April, which is what I've been doing.  So hitting $5000 between April and December will be a challenge, but I'm totally up for it!  I have my direct deposit for this job set up so the money goes directly into my different savings accounts and IRA, and I'm not even going to look at it as income.

We'll call this my rebuilding phase.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone can do it, it is you! Yay for frual!

    ReplyDelete