- Buy a beach pass
- Stay on track with spending
- Focus of the retirement fund
- Remember minimalism
I managed to stay on track with spending, even acheived my pre-vacation goal of crushing that Amex debt. I spent a lot on groceries for the month of June, so I need to reign that in for July. As to my minimalism leanings, I'm still rooting through my clothes and getting rid of things--man, I have a lot of clothes. My closet looks great (I can actually find things!), and I'm being a bit more cutthroat rather than thinking well, I haven't worn that in three years, but I'm sure I will.
For July, I'm going to be dull.
- Spend wisely/ save wisely
- Use downtime well--I have more downtime these days, but don't want to look back on the summer and feel like I've frittered it away. There's a ton of free/ cheap stuff to do in town, and I've made a promise to a friend that I'll get back to fiction writing--I need to keep my promise.
- Keep running! Yes, this may mean getting up at 5am to beat the heat, but I have another race at the beginning of August, and I want to do well. I've got my super cool hydration belt, and all of the running magazines assure me that I will get used to the heat (I'm skeptical).