Not for a while, obv, but eventually, and I have decided to be prepared. Every year I feel somehow surprised when it gets bastardly cold and all I want to do is hide under a blanket. Every year I convince myself that I'll be able to run outside in January, and every year I make myself sick.
Since I now know the value of cross-training and since I am breaking up with my gym, I have decided to create the perfect home gym that will carry me happily through this winter and the winters to come. I do still have a plethora of winter outdoor running gear including yaktrax:
|Looks like a murder weapon, doesn't it|
We live in a pretty large apartment, and have a room that we don't really use for anything. It was supposed to be BF's office, but it's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter (and personally, I think he just prefers to work in front of the tv), so I'm turning it into a workout space. I spent a small amount of money on some gear:
- $30 for a fitness hula hoop
- $13 for a 10 pound kettlebell
- $25 for a used rowing machine from Craigslist
- $9 for a jump rope that I now realize I can't really use inside
Then I went online and downloaded the complete collection of Zuzana Light's ZWow workouts.* The reason I downloaded then is threefold:
- Now I can get right to the workout without having to watch commercials
- If she ever takes them down from youtube, I will still have them
- If, for some strange reason, our internet stops working, I will have no excuse not to work out!
So, for the low-low price of $77, I have a pretty good home gym. I have everything I need to get in a good workout at home and my own trainer to keep me motivated.
|Yup, her boobs are ridiculous, but I would like those abs|
*If you want to download and save videos from Youtube, you just need to download and install a free program called aTube Catcher. It downloads videos from the url, and then you can store them on your harddrive or a flash drive.