All these things add up to create the melange that is my new favorite blog, and after reading her recipe for Cleansing Mulligatawny, I knew I had to try to make it, and incorporate my most beloved kitchen item, the crockpot.
Only problem was, when I went to buy supplies to make the soup, I only bought cabbage, two jalepenos and Bragg Liquid Aminos. I either forget to get the rest, or thought I already had it (I did not). The soup that I ended up making, however, was amazing! Also, strangely, much more similar to another recipe my friend posted: Lonna's Everything Vegan Detox Soup, but I wasn't even looking at that one! Must have internalized it.
Anyway, that's just a long rambling lead in to tell you that I either invented or copied a fantastic recipe, which I'm just calling cabbage soup, that is both insanely good for you and super cheap to make!
- 1/4 head of cabbage cored and chopped small
- 1 jalepeno diced
- 2 vegetable boullion cubes (or two cups stock)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup either lentils or Bob's Red Mill Whole Grains and Beans Soup Mix (something to give the soup some protein and a bit of fun texture
- Dash of curry powder
- Dash of garlic salt
- Wee bit of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot
- Cook on High for five hours or Low for ten