Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Monthly Pay Budget

I remember once hearing a friend tell me that she only got paid once a month and feeling incredibly sorry for her.  That must have been some kind of life foreshadowing because now I am squarely in that boat is it is so hard!  It makes no sense that it's this difficult because I'm still getting paid--more than before, but somehow I started off with a deficit and I'm having a hard time catching up.

I've also had an expensive couple months.  I decided to treat myself to some new work clothes and shoes.  I also had to buy a box spring for my bed and pay for delivery.  Though, in the case of the box spring, I realized after the fact that there is a mattress store a block away from my house.  I could have just bought it there and carried it home.  But, that mattress store looks like a mob front, so I've always been mildly scared of it.

What I can't decide is if I feel broke because my credit card balance is higher than I would like it to be, or because I spent/saved/reallocated my entire paycheck in one day and there's nothing else coming in until tomorrow.  Honestly, maybe what I really miss is playing around with my money--parceling it out into different accounts, etc.  I'm not sure, and it's still early days (I've only gotten two paychecks), but I feel like I'm holding my breath.

Anyone out there get paid monthly and know how do deal with it?  Any suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment