I just woke up to a world of white:
I'm pretty excited to get out there and go sledding later, but let's take this massive winter storm and make some lemonade! You could get cranky because all travel is banned and you're stuck at home indefinitely, or you can take this historic weather event and find the frugal perks, which is what I will be doing.
|Across the street|
|Tree in front of my house|
- Everyone knows it's cheaper to eat at home--no you have no excuse not to!
- Everything snow related is excellent exercise--shoveling, sledding, just walking in it. So what if you can't make it to the gym, you can still get a good workout.
- A chance to finally use those snow shoes/ skis that you own without searching out some luxury ski deals and all the planning involved with that.
- If you lose power, you save money on power? This one doesn't really count, but at least in the winter, you can put your freezer food outside and lose less.
- It's an excellent excuse to hunker down with a book, which you should have gotten free from the library.